Friday, August 8, 2008

Day 1 of the Coad's Great Adventure

Well we left at 5 am from Yorba Linda and were off to a great start. The kids were too excited to fall back asleep in the car so they watched a movie. I told the kids that we would be seeing so many stars. Haley responded, "Oh wow really." I said, "Haley you know I mean stars in the sky and not movie stars.?" "Oh," she says. "I was going to be ready to take their picture." Too funny. Then Hal told the kids that we were going to swim in the dead sea. Haley was a bit freaked out to think that there were dead people in the sea. I reminded everyone that it was not THE DEAD SEA, but SALT LAKE...too funny!
Mesquite has been great. The Casablanca Hotel is perfect. There is a huge waterfall in the pool and a water slide. We all had fun playing in the pool. Of course that was after we had to go shopping for a bathing suit because Nick forgot his at home. When we got back to the hotel, Hal said that he forgot his suit too. So Hal got a new suit too.
Played the roulette for the first time. I played my dad's usual numbers that are winners every time...30,32,34,36. Well guess what...we won $360 which we will split with my dad since he gave me the $40 to play. I have never laughed so hard. Hal managed to lose $60 in 10 minutes. I lost twenty but then won $57. Hal says that I will have to play again to make up for his losses.
The kids have been great and are now settled in watching the Olympics since we will leave the hotel by six to spend the day at Zion and Bryce then off to swim in the Dead Sea, or Salton Sea of whatever that lake is called with tons of salt.
Much Love-Lisa

No comments: